Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Summer Break (Somewhat Literally) Is Over!

So, we decided to take the summer off from working on the house, mostly because, without air conditioning, it was simply to hot inside to function.  Instead, we focused on maintaining the yard and hanging out on the sailboat.  I'd say we were sailing, but the wind did not cooperate this year.  Oh, well.

In other news, when we ready to start working on the house again, the hubs broke his back.  The ladder on which he was standing (13' above the ground) broke, and he fell.  By the grace of God, his breaks (L1, L2, L3, and L4) did not require surgery and did not cause him permanent injury.  He was in quite a bit of pain for several weeks, and was out of work for several days (yes, only days - can you believe it?), but he is otherwise unscathed.  These are photos he took of, as he calls it, "the scene of the crime."



A few weeks after his fall, I slipped on the back steps to the deck and broke my ... pride.  I still have a large goose egg on my posterior (3 1/2 weeks post fall) and bruising, but most of the color has left.  Also, I am far more comfortable than I have been.  As long as no one touches it, I'm okay.  I'll spare you any photos. (;

And so, now that we're both mostly healed, we've begun home projects again.  The first involved the hubs crawling into the rear crawl space under the house to connect pipes.  He installed our temporary kitchen sink!  One of the base cabinets is standing next to it, and we have a propane camp stove (with oven!) to prepare meals.  Our first non-microwaved meal cooked indoors?  Grilled cheese sammiches!  Oh, how I've missed the simpler things!

 

 

 
I even did a few dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment